Parent and Child online Toolkit for internet Safety
We are always looking to share with you ways to keep your child safe on line as well as the work we do with the children in school.
The following toolkit for parents is available and it is suitable for children of all ages, including those in high school.
Parent and Carer Online Toolkit (Childnet)
Childnet have updated their parent and carer toolkit that will help parents have conversations about online safety. Their booklet ‘Let’s talk about life online’ includes ten key messages that should be shared with children:
- “You can always come to me if you need help.”
- “What would you do if this happened…?”
- “Remember that not everyone is who they say they are online.”
- “Keep your personal information safe, and other people’s too.”
- “Be respectful to others online.”
- “Think before you post.”
- “Remember to ask if it’s okay.”
- “Remember not everything is true online.”
- “The things other people post online might not always show what their life is really like.”
- “Recognise how going online makes you feel and take a break when you need to.”
The Parent and Carer Toolkit can be found here: www.childnet.com/parents-and-carers/parent-and-carer-toolkit